Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Unemployment Hell # 2

Today was a not so good day.....

Last week I interviewed for a super fabolous job. I just knew I was getting it. The hours & days were perfect. The pay was $14/hour. I would still be at home at a decent hour to handle the kids in the afternoons. Kinda close to home. I get government holidays off because it is a county job (which line up with school closings too.) At the close of the interview, one of the two ladies interviewing me kinda gave me the notion that I would be hearing from them soon.

What do you get when you assume......

I heard from them all right......they sent me a lovely rejection letter (addressed to another lady on the inside). Another thanks but no thanks type of letter.

I mean really people.....

I also saw on the Today show this clip with Tyra Banks saying that people were discriminated on because of their first name and assumed things about people based on prejudices.


' scrolling="no" frameborder="0" 20width="425" 20src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/23234982#23234982">'>this clip,
Ya, think???

What comes to mind when you hear the first name SHANEKA??
Be honest!!!!