Thursday, January 31, 2008

Plan Derailed...

I started the new year with very positive optimism, really I did. I had a plan in place...but things sometimes don't go as planned. I made the declaration that I was going to seriously start looking for work, and I did. I had a plan....to get a job by the end of January

My plan included getting the paper on Sunday, highlighting all the possible ads to apply to . I color coded the ads---pink for faxed resume, green for emailed resume, blue for online application, yellow for in person application. All positions that looked really appealing, got stars.

On Monday, I would get the family situated in the morning by 7am and start "going to work".

I would go through my list of ads and respond. I even got showered & dressed the part!!!

On Tuesday, I would call the companies to make sure they recieved my resume/application and try to get a name of the Human Resources person to follow up with later in the week.

On Wednsday, I would search our local Pennysaver employment ads. I color coded then--pink for faxed resume, green for emailed resume, blue for online application, yellow for in person application. All positions that looked really appealing, got stars.

It's hard to get the return phone call or automated email response stating that the position was filled by some other slump. I kinda take it personally and get discouraged quickly. I have prayed and prayed for some breakthrough and still to no avail.

I know, I know, maybe GOD has something mind blowing in store for me and is just waiting on me to be patient and put trust in HIM. This becomes increasingly hard as the bill collectors continue to call, daily, nightly, hourly.

I know that I needed to plan for delays or bumps in my plan. But right now I'm just tired......

No comments: